COMMUNICATION AND SOCIAL MEDIA INTERN FOR NGO IN GHANA
ABOUT AXIS AND NORSAAC
In the Danish NGO AXIS, we work with international development through various partnership projects that focus on education. As part of this, we cooperate with the Ghanaian NGO NORSAAC on a joint project that seeks to improve the sexual and reproductive health and rights of young people in Northern Ghana.
The overall vision for NORSAAC is to empower and improve the quality of life for women, youth and marginalized groups. They seek to do so through active engagement in community and policy-based work within the following areas: Sexual Rights and Reproductive Health; Gender and Governance; Livelihood and Entrepreneurial Development; and Education. If this sounds interesting, you should consider becoming NORSAACs next intern as they are currently searching for two new interns to join them in February 2018.
AREAS OF WORK
As the Communication and SoMe Intern, you will assist in developing effective communication tools and use these to communicate the position of the organization on various issues. You will help produce communication material, including developing and updating NORSAAC’s webpage and social media, i.e. Facebook and Instagram.
Furthermore, you will assist with the following tasks:
- Maintain an overview of internal and external information needs, develop and continually refine the communication strategy
- Ensure the website and social media channels contain relevant and up to date information on project and campaigning activities, and provide high quality content on progress of policy and advocacy campaigns.
- Build relations and maintain contact with statutory service providers and relevant non-profit organizations
- Communicate NORSAAC’s advocacy and policy work including writing for publications, making presentations and attending events and conferences.
- Work with the Media and KM&L (Knowledge, Monitoring & Learning) Manager to assist in securing media coverage in support of NORSAAC advocacy and policy objectives
- Provide monthly progress reports to the KM&L Manager and Head of Program and Policy.
As you will be working with communication, we expect that you have an educational background within that area, i.e. from DMJX, ITU, KUA, AU, AAU, SDU or have practical experience working with communication.
In addition to this, we will are searching for the following qualifications:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English
- Strong skills in producing videos for web and social medias
- Ability to cooperate and work with a close team of colleagues. But also important that you can solve tasks independently and is willing to actively seek out new tasks
- Basic understanding Â of international development
- Experience with adapting to different cultures. It is important that you are able to thrive in a cultural setting and working environment that is quite different from the Danish.
TERMS OF INTERNSHIP
The duration of the internship is six months and the mobilization date is January/February 2018 (can be negotiated). The internship is unpaid, and you will need to cover expenses related to flights, accommodation, food and insurance yourself.
If the above description has caught your attention and you want to spend your next six month living and working in Ghana, please send your application and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline for incoming applications is the November 1st. If you have further questions, you are welcome to call Mette Østergaard Nielsen M:42437310, Helle Feddersen M:61726863 or Jette Ravn M:28578865 (Project Coordinators in AXIS) or visit our webpages for more information: http://axisngo.dk/ or http://www.norsaac.org/
We look forward to hearing from you! Best regards, The teams in AXIS and NORSAAC